#1 jimmyv99

jimmyv99

Diehard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 09:36 PM

Hello,

I've been the commissioner of a league on cbssportsline.com for about 5 years now, and I have never used the waiver wire process that is provided.  With a 12 team league, it's getting to be a pain in the butt calling everyone up in reverse order of record, and handling their pickups, so I'm gonna try and use the waivers this year.   I was wondering if there is anyone that uses the waivers and what settings seem to work out best for them.  (Days that waivers run, Waivers Period for a player, and Max Claims/Week).

I'm not sure I fully understand  the "Waivers Period" setting.  Any insight into that would be appreciated as well.

Ideally I would like it to:

1. On each Tuesday morning, put EVERY player that is not on a roster on the waivers, in order to avoid having one person get all the good free agents just because he happens to be the only one up at 4:00am on Tuesday.  
2.  Run waivers on Tueseay or Wednesday evening.
3. Add all players that were dropped, back to waivers. (or possibly ALL players back to waivers)
4. Run waivers again the night before the first game of the week.

Does this seem logical and like something that is possible to do with the process?

Any other information from personal experience that you think I should know would be appreciated as well.  Or if you think I should know about any pitfalls or  things I should look out for when using the process, I would appreciate that too.

Thanks,

Jimmy

#2 Wrathman

Wrathman

Diehard MVP

• Diehards Staff
  • 27582 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 02:27 AM

I play my keeper league on CBS, but I'm not the commish there, so I can't help you here.  We must have someone out here who runs waivers as commish in a similar manner.  Anyone???  Bueller????

#3 Big45D

Big45D

Diehard MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 03:36 AM

I am in a CBS league. Ours is set up as follows
Add/Drop Policy- use waivers process to do add/drops
Waivers Run- Tue. Wed. Thu.
Waivers Period- 1 day
Max Claims/Week-Unlimited
Waivers Order Resets-Never

We set up the waivers after game one in reverse order of winning percetage. Then we swap to this set up. It seems to work out real good. If you are first you do not have to use your waiver and you will stay first as long as you want. If you are first and choose not to use it then after the 1 day period it goes to the second person in line and so on. We are in our 6th year and after trying a few different ways this seems to work the best. Allowing the worst team to waiver first every week gave a team in our league the chance to build a team just from waivers. I think you will find this way better. Hope this helps.
12 team non-ppr

QB -M.Ryan / C.Palmer
RB - M.Lynch / S.Vereen / F.Gore / D.McFadden
WR - D.Bryant / K.Allen / K.Wright / M.Colston / C. Shorts
TE - J.Cameron / D. Walker
K - J.Tucker
D - Pats, Bucs

#4 UncleRico82

UncleRico82

Diehard MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 03:49 AM

My local league has been set up on cbs for about 6 years. We dont use the waiver wire feature because our league doesnt allow free agent pick ups  unless a player is on IR. or is out with an injury and you cant feild a team, then you would be allowed to add a player for that week.. We use the add drop after confirming with the commish. Im not sure if your league has the add drop feature on the web-site. Weakly waiver- wire  could be done through the add drop if the owner has to drop a player in order to pick one up. You would just have to keep a close eye on the moves that are being made threw out the week and make sure every owner is going in the right order. I beleive any transaction that is made every owner can veiw the day, and time it was made. therefore you would be able to keep  close tabs on whats being done rather than make phone calls. Hope that helps you out.
10 TEAM LEAGUE. START 1QB,2RB,3WRorTE,1FLEX(RB,WR,TE,)1k,1D
SCORING. 1PPR  QB 1/20YDS.  RB/WR/TE  1/10YDS.  ALL TD'S 6PTS

TEAM 1 (2 KEEPERS)

QB) RGIII / Wilson

RB) AP/  Asiata / Tate / Crowell / MJD / McFadden / Hyde

WR /TE)   Nelson / Graham / Garcon / Hilton / Olsen / Cooks / Hopkins /Hunter

DST)  Cinci

#5 jimmyv99

jimmyv99

Diehard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 04:44 PM

Thanks for the suggestions and information!

Big45D, if you run waiver wires on Tue, Wed, and Thu, how are drop/adds handled after Thursday night?

1. Is the system set up so there are no transactions allowed after Thursday night?
2. Does it revert to first come/first serve until the first game of the week?
3. Do the drop/add requests get saved for next Tuesdays waiver wire run?
4. Something else?

Sorry for all the questions.  I'm just trying to be the "prepared commissioner" so I can be as clear as possible when it comes time to explain all of this on draft day.  This is going to be a pretty big change for our league, as everyone is used to having me hold their hand through the pickup process each week.    smile.gif  

Thanks so much for your help,

Jimmy

#6 Big45D

Big45D

Diehard MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 01:26 AM

Yes , after Thurs. it goes to a first come first serve and it does not count against your waiver position. If you are first in line for the waiver and you wait until Fri. you do not loose your spot in waiver line. This also adds some statagy in when to use your waiver spot in line because you fall to the end each time. Hope this helps.
12 team non-ppr

QB -M.Ryan / C.Palmer
RB - M.Lynch / S.Vereen / F.Gore / D.McFadden
WR - D.Bryant / K.Allen / K.Wright / M.Colston / C. Shorts
TE - J.Cameron / D. Walker
K - J.Tucker
D - Pats, Bucs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users